Embarking on religious pilgrimage for Hajj – Ummrah in Saudi Arabia is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Travel smart and get vaccines for you and your family, so you can take in the full experience.
There are specific requirements for Hajj and Ummrah, as specified by the Government of Saudi Arabia. Vaccines will be recommended for you based on your personal health status and any other destinations you may be visiting on your trip.
A certificate of vaccination against four strains of meningitis issued no more than 3 years and no less than 10 days before arrival in Saudi Arabia is required for Hajj and Ummrah. Immunization for the flu before Hajj or Ummrah is strongly recommended.
According to the World Health Organization, a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for travellers over 1 year of age arriving from countries with risk of Yellow Fever transmission, and for travellers having transited more than 12 hours through an airport of a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission. Polio vaccine may also be required if you enter Saudi Arabia from certain countries. Talk to your Travel doctor about your travel plans.
You may need these vaccines for Hajj – Ummrah:
- Yellow Fever
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Hepatitis A / B
- Traveller’s Diarrhea
- Whenever you travel, it’s a good idea to make sure your routine vaccinations are up to date.
- Learn more about food safety and how to prevent mosquito bites.
- Travel Smart! As soon as your travel plans are confirmed, Book an Appointment at HealthSense Medical Travel Clinic.
Additional Resources for Hajj – Ummrah
- Hajj and Ummrah Health Requirements by the Government of Saudi Arabia
- Government of Canada Travel Advice for Saudi Arabia